 General / 9038
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:38:43 GMT

I *worked* for LEGO for almost 7 years, I quit in June.  When people ask why I
quit my "dream job", I tell them "The direction LEGO as a company is going is
NOT something I want to be part of anymore..."  When they ask "What direction
is that?", I just reply "Down"....

I still love the product, I still buy bricks, but I seriously wonder if the
company is going to be around much longer...  <sigh>  The sets are getting
worse, service packs are apparently going away, what's next??

What's next? Hmmmm....

(1) The continuation of prostituting of the Lego brand by putting it on
everything from bedsheets to lousy computer games?

(2) More and more commercial tie-ins to the point where there will be little
or no original lines?

(3) More juniorization leading to less sales leading to more juniorization
leading to less sales (i.e. a continuation of the current trend)?

(4) The financial health of TLG erodes to the point where it is purchased by
one of the major toy companies?