 General / 8997
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:45:45 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

<snip>

Unfortunately, I can confirm this as I have already find this out during my
push for bulk ordering.  One of the people I spoke with at Shop at Home, who
now no longer works there, told me that it is "Company Confidential" that
parts packs are history.  Find the packs you want now my friend and buy them.

Well, it seems to me that that is the problem-- that *no one* is buying the parts
packs in the first place.  If they were big sellers, surely TLG wouldn't
discontinue them.  Are we buying parts packs?  I know I'm not, save for the black
slopes, and they are new this year.  Because the particular parts packs they
offer suck, and are available in sets which are being bought in bulk and
auctioned off anyway.

Hey TLG, try offering parts packs that we *want*-- train doors and windows pack;
tile pack, windows (with *one* door-- sheesh) pack, clear brick pack, low slopes
in tan, brown, gray and black (the color roofs *are*-- sheesh)

I'd bet that in one week you'd sell more of those packs that I just listed off
the top of my head then you have sold for the past 5 years.  It all comes back to
listening to the customer, a concept about which you have no clue.  If it weren't
for George Lucas, your company would be in serious trouble.  People, am I wrong?

-John

The last time I mentioned it to somebody at shop at home, I was told that I
had read it on the Internet and it wasn't true.  I then told the person on the
other end of the phone that I heard it from one of the Lego employees at Shop
at Home.  They didn't reply to that and changed the subject back to train
windows and doors, which they said they were not going to offer in a service
pack.

This is why I feel that we need to push now for bulk ordering.  The longer we
wait, the more the mechanisms to implement it are downsized.

Mike Poindexter