 General / 9036
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:53:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach writes:

I *worked* for LEGO for almost 7 years, I quit in June.  When people ask why I
quit my "dream job", I tell them "The direction LEGO as a company is going is
NOT something I want to be part of anymore..."  When they ask "What direction
is that?", I just reply "Down"....

I still love the product, I still buy bricks, but I seriously wonder if the
company is going to be around much longer...  <sigh>  The sets are getting
worse, service packs are apparently going away, what's next??

The semi-tractor's base in the helicopter transport semi
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=helicopter+transport
(which I bought solely for the tr-red slopes) is so
juniorized and in need of being several separate parts that
the single part TLG use *is* indeed 2 parts *glued* *together*.
More of that and more "decorative" Technic parts (8448, Star Wars) is
what's next.

-gbr