 General / 9031
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:37:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Stanley writes:

If that's true then look for a big auction after it's confirmed.
It might just be my entire Lego collection.

I wonder if a traditional company such as Lego would respect a traditional
approach like petition-writing. You could easily get the signatures of a
handfull of people on the same piece of paper, and the rest of us could send
the organiser our name, city, country and email address. If it was opened up to
RTL as well, I'm sure there would be enough entries to warrant attention.

If you were to sell, then don't do it without at least trying to get some media
attention - a headline like: "Lego Service: once cut-back, now none-existant",
or "Lack of Lego Service makes me consider quitting"  would be good :)

Is there any online collectors type magazine that would accept an article
regarding the general level of dis-satisfaction felt by Adult Fans Of Lego?
On the media theme - the real people who are losing out are the children, as
they will have no hope of achieving collections like the ones we take for
granted.

Or perhaps something more symbollic, like sending them a red 2x4 "For inclusion
in a service pack, so that you can still supply the service."

Just some rambling thoughts - I'm sick of whining to a computer screen - I want
to *do* something constructive, if I can!

Richard