 General / 9066
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:04:28 GMT

I have just stumbled upon all of this(lugnet, nelug, etc.) in the past • couple
days after I started researching Lego on the net.  After buying the Classic
Star Wars sets this summer I have decided to get back into Lego after 10 • years
of them being stored away in a closet at my parents' house.  But it seems • that
there has been so much going on with TLG that I am a little disheartened at
expanding my huge childhood collection to encompass my needs as and adult
builder.  I too have unfortunately watched Lego and the sets it markets go
"downhill" these past 10 years as I would "checkup" on what was new in the • toy
department of local stores if I had some free time.

Travis,

WELCOME!!

Don't let our ranting get you down.  We do this every couple of months (a
collective tantrum, so to speak).  It's LEGO therapy on a mass scale!

Yes we have our differences with the LEGO company (TLG for short), but it's • "the
love of the brick" that keeps us going.

There are a lot of dedicated people out there that have the LEGO bug.  And • there
are a lot of auctions, sales, trading and LEGOfests going on to get more of • what
you want.  I think you will see LEGO conventions in the near future as well.

Collectively I think that we are going to have the best LEGO years ahead of • us.
It's just that we are going to have to drag TLG into the 21st century (kicking • and
screaming to be sure).

Just stay the course.....

Gary Istok

Thanks Gary, I guess the next step for me is to dig out those buckets and tubs
of little plastic bricks next time I visit my parents.  But then I will get to
hear, "what are you gonna do with those things?!?" from my better half.  oh
well, she'll accept it in time, she already let me buy all those LEGO Star Wars
sets this summer. :)