 General / 9035
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:40:28 GMT

I was thinking back to, oh, 1983-84 when there once was a big toy company by
the name of Kenner making Star Wars toys between 1977 untill I forgot when
it filed for bankruptcy and was bought by Mattel.  After all, many of us
thought "Return of the Jedi" was the last Star Wars movie.  No more new
movies, no new products, no more customers.  I'm not necessarily saying LEGO
will end up as Kenner did.  (Yea, I know Kenner or Mattel is back thanks to
E1:TPM)  But this Star Wars stuff is not going to last more than a decade.
Then what?

Oh, here is another idea (in case anyone at TLG is reading this).  Besides
this ridiculius idea that supplements are not to be available next year and
listening to the AFOL bring in better parts, how about telling more of kids
out there about them.  I broused though my collection and found a 1982 mail
order brochure.  It's 8 1/2 x 11 , one sheet, folds up and could be put into
many boxes to get the word out about these accessories.   Why I don't see
something like it today makes me wonder?  By the way, that how I discovered
the S @ H system.

Adrian