 General / 7426
Re: Honest Capitalism (Was Re: DYA -> eBay 8880 money-making scheme)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 22:55:51 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

The market for rare sets cannot be made more efficient in the long run because
each set is its own market, and it doesn't have enough traffic to shape it
sensibly.

I'm not sure I follow. The eBay price for supercar has indeed been
lowered by the arbitrage. Isn't that making the market more efficient?

[3] Is that the correct way to start in .off-topic.debate? :-)

Nah, because there's nothing to debate ;)

That is, in itself, debateable. However, it will only start a debate in
.debate if it's cross posted there...

lugnet.