 General / 7509
7508  |  7510
Subject:
overzealousness (was Re: Honest Capitalism)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:56:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
My point is merely that talking about economic systems and whether
redistribution is a good economic policy is not on-topic for
market.theory, it's more properly a topic for .debate

I willing to concede that - you are generally well intentioned, if somewhat
abrasive. However, your reply to John (quoted below) doesn't say that.  It
says (paraphrasing) that Richard probably isn't worth talking to.

I just delivered that message in the endearingly charming way I have.
That's all.

Hmm.  Not to criticize (no never!), but that 'endearingly charming way' you
have is sometimes less than endearingly charming.

I think that Richard has a point here: he was being unfairly jumped upon.

Quoting various people from various places in this thread:

Richard: "in an/my ideal world(tm),..." "Theoretically we could..." "Note that
this isn't a moral judgement - I'm not saying that you should do that, or that
you are wrong by not doing it..."  "That's just my decision though and I
awknowledge that yours is just as valid."

John: "Grow up!"  "This is total and complete nonsense." "Don't try to impose
some insane system to try and make it that way!"

Larry: "Richard's thinking is so muddy and his premises so out of touch with
reality that it may be a waste of time to even talk about this any further..."

Just my opinion, I don't run things around here, Todd does. (crowd
heaves a vast sigh of relief)

Like Larry, just an opinion, I don't run things around here either. (crowd
heaves a slightly less vast sigh - I'm not as notorious as Larry <duck & run>)
(1)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:Sorry Larry, couldn't resist.