 General / 7508
Re: Honest Capitalism (Was Re: DYA -> eBay 8880 money-making scheme)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:38:27 GMT

My point is merely that talking about economic systems and whether
redistribution is a good economic policy is not on-topic for
market.theory, it's more properly a topic for .debate

I just delivered that message in the endearingly charming way I have.
That's all.

If you want to debate whether auctions are FAIR as a way to allocate
goods, that is, whether the free market is a good thing or not, take it
up in .debate... if you want to discuss how to make a particular auction
fairer to participants that's different, and on topic. But that's not
the same thing at all.

Just my opinion, I don't run things around here, Todd does. (crowd
heaves a vast sigh of relief)

Believe me, idealism isn't a barrier to participation here. I'm an
idealist as well, it's just that my ideals and yours are incompatible
because of fundamental differences in notions about rights. (1)

You certainly can state whatever opinions you like, it's just my opinion
that you're doing so in the wrong place.

1 - That is, I honor property rights, you don't.

Richard Franks wrote:

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Richard's thinking is so muddy and his premises so out of touch with
reality that it may be a waste of time to even talk about this any
further, John.

Thanks.

I didn't promise that I wasn't an idealist.
I didn't promise to have the same beliefs as you.

In fact, I must have missed that section of the Lugnet registration altogether.

If Lugnet is a place where someone can't state their opinion or thoughts
without being flamed, then please show me the exit.

Richard

lugnet.