 Off-Topic / Debate / 2212
Re: Fair Auction? (Was Re: Honest Capitalism)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 01:00:53 GMT

Where I see the flaw with your scheme is that there is no motivation for
the seller. Why should a seller put up his goods for less than he can
get elsewhere? To motivate a seller you have to have a BENEFIT to the
seller. Nebulous "it's good for the community" benefits usually don't
work.

I agree - and I think I answered it in:
http://www.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=218
So I won't waste disk space by repeating myself too much! :)

Richard