 Marketplace / Theory / 216
Re: Fair Auction? (Was Re: Honest Capitalism)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:53:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Mike Stanley writes:

Does anyone think this is workable and/or desirable?

Workable?  Who knows - I'm not a mathematician or an economist.

Desirable?  Heck no.  We live in the real world.  In the real world
the person willing AND able to spend the most for something gets it.
That's the way it is, and that's the way it ought to be.

Real world ethics debate aside, does Lego-Distribution have to be so heavily
tied to the real-world and the evolved Capitalism that we know today? If we can
think of a fairer system for Lego, then why isn't that desirable?

Richard