 Marketplace / Theory / 217
Re: Fair Auction? (Was Re: Honest Capitalism)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:14:00 GMT

If there is no benefit to sellers, who is going to participate?

You can set up whatever scheme you want but unless there is motivation,
you're going to have a lot of buyers but no sellers. I know I certainly
would not sell for less than the most the market is willing to bear,
except in certain rare cases, to buyers that I don't already have some
non monetary relationship with.

Richard Franks wrote:

Real world ethics debate aside, does Lego-Distribution have to be so heavily
tied to the real-world and the evolved Capitalism that we know today? If we ca
think of a fairer system for Lego, then why isn't that desirable?

Richard

lugnet.