 General / 7444
Re: Foot-in-mouth disease (Was Re: Honest Capitalism)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 13:28:10 GMT

Wow, isn't Capitalism cool. Actually, Capitalism is a big ol' pile of • donkey
doo[3].

Did I write this? *rolls eyes*

  I think that is a good start for the debate group - saying something
completely outlandish will usually get a few (nearly flaming) replies in
that group.

Anybody who thinks Capitalism is donkey doo just doesn't understand it or
simply refuses to believe the data.

  Either doesn't understand or is nuts.

Or stayed up way too late (sans caffeine) and made a crap joke. Which
apparently touched a raw nerve. Wow, I can't believe I posted that. Man, I
always get delirious after about 2:30am without caffeine assistance. Sorry
guys. *hangs head*

[3] Is that the correct way to start in .off-topic.debate? :-)

Nah, because there's nothing to debate ;)

  Not much too debate, but it sounds like someone could learn a thing or
two.  This reminds of the posts we see by 13 year olds who say I want a BSB
but I only have $20.  Saying that to the Lego community is about as silly • as
walking into TRU and saying I want Mindstorms, but I only have $20.

Except that the 13 year-old was serious.....  Please remember, I'm an AFOL,
what could be more capitalist than owning as many Lego pieces as I can?
Well, I guess that sums up most of us, doesn't it.
Actually, I think I know the post you're talking about, it was this kid on
RTL who posted a want list with all the $200-$300 airports on it, and then
stressed that he only had pocket money to pay for them :-)  Man, I'm glad I
wasn't reading _that_ one at 2am, who _knows_ what I would have replied...
:-\

That's it, I'm going to bed early tonight. No more late news-reading for me.
Sorry again.
Paul

"He who dies with the most toys..." .....er, had the most fun before he
went?