 Off-Topic / Debate / 2211
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 01:08:00 GMT

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:36:27 GMT, "Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

I hope you can see just how stupid-sounding what you just said was.  Murder is
okay when done at the command of a military officer, but not okay when
otherwise?  Morality doesn't play into this at all; you just obey the orders
from above.  Did I read that right, or am I mis-interpreting what you are
saying?  Are you actually promoting the Nuremburg Defense?

I certainly don't think he meant to say that, although I can see how
you might read it into it.

Still, killing the enemy in wartime is not murder.  Shooting helpless
women and children in Vietnamese villages is murder, though, no matter
who tells you to do it.  And sending people to die in gas chambers is
also murder, regardless of orders, as any sane person would say.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/