 General / 49786
Re: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 04:20:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Scott Lyttle wrote:

Ok, I got an idea...as AFOL's, we're passionate about LEGO.  So, what kind of
themes would be great to see?  Those with kids, poll your youngsters and ask
them what they like...

I'll start with a theme I'd love to see come back...

Well, having finished Brikington Manor a little over a month ago, I came to
realize how great a modular-rooms series could be.  Imagine a standardized
interface - technic pegs around a doorway - similar in concept to the moobase.
Now, make a whole series of sets that are each a different room design.  A
library!  A bathroom!  A kitchen!  A living room!  A hobby room (complete with
2-wide train layout)!  And on and on and on!  LEGO fans could purchase rooms and
add them on to make a huge house floorplan if they so desired.

Then there could be the crazy rooms ... a secret laboratory!  An ancestral
crypt!  A throne room!  A walk-in closet!  Pack all of them full of attractive
"stuff", ala the Harry Potter sets, and you could have a fully furnished house
in no time.

IMO, this idea has a wide appeal.  Forgive me for speaking in gender stereotypes
here, but I'm going to treat in real (as opposed to ideal) life:  the girls can
play house with the rooms, and the boys can use them for SWAT team takedowns and
Brikwars games.  Those crazy boys!  Those adorable girls!

Now, the question is how to design a price-reasonable exterior that can be used
in conjunction with these rooms.

Well, I'd buy 'em, anyway.

.s