 Color / 741
Re: Who Lied? (was: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 03:03:17 GMT

In lugnet.color, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
   So my question is: who lied to whom and why?

Did Jake cover up the real reason for the color change and give AFOLs a tale that focused on TLC’s desire for the best product rather than its need to cut costs? Or did Jake’s bosses decide it was a good idea to give their spokesman a bogus explanation instead of the real one?

(Hefts large clue-stick)

The colour change was initiated in 2000 by the Design Group - as an exercise in improving how the colours play together.

The palette reduction seems to have been initiated in 2004 by the “Sourcing for the Future” group - as an exercise in saving costs.

That’s 3 to 4 years’ difference. Different group of people. Different motive.

Now please stop accusing people of lying.