 Color / 728
Re: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 04:53:25 GMT

In lugnet.color, Kyle Beatty wrote:
In lugnet.color, Steve Dunn wrote:
I can't believe what i just read:

"... we are investigating to see whether some of the parts we make at the moment
could be produced in other, cheaper materials:... and whether the quality of
some of our parts is simply too high.."

Didn't Ole once say "Only the best is good enough" ?

The rubber band holders come to mind. Those are curiously over-designed.

Indeed. I have a bag of 41752's here. I keep looking at the tread surfaces on
both sides and the Technic pin holes and thinking...  'now if they could put pin
holes in a rubber-band holder, why couldn't they do the same for the big
hailfire droid wheels ?'

In any case, everytime I look at them I see feet for a walking robot. Now I have
to design the remainder of the bot. <eg>

Ray