 Color / 735
Re: Who Lied? (was: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:09:10 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Eaton wrote:

Snip

   As for this color elimination thing? I can’t say how ridiculously relieved I am. As much as I like a lot of the color variety, I absolutely HATE the fact that there’s not a lot of PIECE variety in the less-common colors. The new blueish purple in the Knight’s Kingdom? Awesome color. But I hate it. I wish they just went with regular blue.

So not only is this decision what I’d WANT from the company, it looks like it’s also best for them monetarily. I’ll only be disappointed if they remove colors I really like (and I think all my highly valued colors were on the new “permanant” list, so I’m fairly contented that they’ll still be around).

DaveE

I couldn’t agree more. With the new sets of 2004 and bulk tubs for the last two years, I have enjoyed the many new colors. But there are not enough in any quantity to build anything useful. Reducing the color list is a true move to “back to basics.” Set design will have to be good and not just have pieces in new flashy colors in order to sell. Imagine if the color list was reduced to 10 or 15 primary and secondary colors.

For the Knight’s Kingdom color choices it makes me wonder if LEGO can make a good guy castle faction that doesn’t use some color blue. We havent had one of those since 1992 Black Knights or 1990 Crusaders. I am tiring of blue 2x2 peak bricks being everywhere...

Ben E