 Color / 740
Re: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:15:00 GMT

I certainly hope that when they refer to "some parts" being too high quality
for their purpose that they will NEVER apply this principle to the brick.
*gulp*

I also think that the reduction in colors is a good idea so that the
remaining colors can have a larger variety of pieces (which is key to making
the color most useful!).  However, I still can't help wondering that if
maybe they'd made this decision a few years earlier then they wouldn't have
had to sacrifice original gray, dark gray and brown in order to cut costs
(only reason that makes sense to me).  I don't buy the consistent color
palette because kids are their target market, and kids don't care.

Anyways, I hope that the smaller palette works as well as it sounds!

Dave