 General / 49777
Re: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:25:54 GMT

1) Space (!)  Maybe not so much a duplicate of Classic Space, but something along those lines (Adm. Giddens and Adm. Sandlin---ya think PCS and 3vil might be fun?  (Hell, you never know--maybe the leader of 3vil started as a cloned Ogel...)   Freighters, cargo haulers, exploration ships, fighters, rovers, moon buggies, expedition vehicles...ya know...I wonder why Megacrap hasn't done a space theme?  (sometimes I wonder if the Megabloks powers read Lugnet...)
I definatly concur.
There are very few sets that can be labeled "Space" that I would not buy if
they were reissued.
Anything from a theme pre-dating Spyrius would be a "Must Buy" definatly.
Anything from later themes (e.g. Explorians, Spyrius etc) I would probobly
get too.
Heck, I might even buy UFO or Insectoids if they were re-issued just to
support space reissues. (and besides, I would probobly be able to find uses
for most of the parts even in an insectoids set. The only part I would have
trouble using is the electric lightup thingo)

3) CIRCUS!  Just a random thought.  A good way to reuse the animal
molds...monkeys, elephants, dinosaur parts.... and even find some way to
incorporate a 9V Circus train.  Ok, maybe not the best idea, but still..an idea.
Better yet, do a Zoo theme with zoo animals.
Each set could be a different enclosure and would come with fences/walls,
animals plus habitat pieces (e.g. monkeys would get trees to swing in)
Also, the sets could come with zoo-keepers, people watching the animals etc.
All sets would join together to make one big Zoo.

A Farm theme would also be a good thing to have IMO :)

7) Trains are popular (ok, I'm part of a LTC as well).  Why not more Train
structures (Like a set that makes a bridge, allowing you to take two tables and
join them together to make a really big train layout (which at the same time,
prompts kids to buy more Lego train track?)
They should definatly do a line of "train accessories" sets.
For example, small buildings.
and trackside objects (such as signals and stuff)

My suggestions for stuff they should do:
Greece/Rome theme.
Greek/Roman soldiers
Greek/Roman heroes (picture something like the knights on horseback from
the castle sets but greek/roman)
Greek/Roman type buildings
Figures of the various gods (zeus, apollo, mars etc)
Chariots
Perhaps they could do that big wooden horse thing (the one that they
recently made a movie about)

"future" theme (picture the visions of the future in movies like Minority
Report, Fifth Element etc).
Personal flying cars
Robotic helpers everywhere
This could tie in with the "Space" stuff.

Formula 1 theme (how about a complete line of minifig scale sets of all the
teams in the World Formula 1 championship plus a setup that lets you buy
roadplates and "race" the cars)

More NBA players for the NBA theme (I would suggest that Micheal Jordan be
added but he isnt playing basketball anymore :)

A technic "machines" line. Basicly it would be a set of fairly detailed
models of various machines (be they vehicles, stationary machines or
whatever else). Models would be made to actually "work" (i.e. like how when
the wheels of a tehnic car move, the engine pistons move too)

More town models.
Some ideas: (all of which have never been done before or havent been done
in ages)
Houses
Hospital
Ambulance
Seaport/Harbour
Boats
Shops
Petrol Station (Gas Station to you yanks :)
Bank
Garage/Car Dealer
Taxis
Busses
School
School Bus
Parks/Playgrounds
Amusment Parks
Shopping Mall
Cinema/Movie Theater
Street Decorations (street lamps, fire hydrants, more roadsigns, payphones,
post boxes etc)
Museum
Library
Church (although this one might be a bit contraversial if they dont then do
a mosque, synagogue etc etc etc)
Theater/Concert Hall
Sports Grounds
Rock Concert/band