 Color / 750
Re: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:52:44 GMT

In lugnet.color, John Ladasky wrote:
106 colors before the reduction?  56 colors after?

I'm baffled.  Clearly, I haven't seen most of these colors.  I can't see how
it would be necessary to carry even 56 colors.

I can get pretty close to 56 colors, but honestly I've got a lot that I'd LIKE
to see that I'm not sure currently exist. Assuming that "light" colors are
pretty much pastels, this list gives about 12 pastels, 9 transparents, 3
bizzaros (chrome/glow-in-the-dark), 6 sands, and 25 solids for 55 total.

1 Light Red (pinkish)
2 Red
3 Dark Red
4 Light Orange
5 Orange
6 Dark Orange
7 Light Yellow (maybe cake yellow)
8 Yellow
9 Dark Yellow
10 Light Green
11 Green
12 Dark Green
13 Light Blue
14 Blue
15 Dark Blue
16 Light Purple (pinkish)
17 Purple
18 Dark Purple
19 White
20 Light Grey
21 Grey
22 Dark Grey
23 Black
24 Light Brown (beige/tan)
25 Brown
26 Dark Brown
27 Trans-Red
28 Trans-Orange
29 Trans-Yellow
30 Trans-Green
31 Trans-Blue
32 Trans-Purple
33 Trans-Clear
34 Trans-Smoke
35 Trans-Blue-Tint
36 Sand Red
37 Sand Orange
38 Sand Yellow
39 Sand Green
40 Sand Blue
41 Sand Purple
42 Pastel Red (more true pink)
43 Pastel Orange
44 Pastel Yellow (that cake yellow maybe)
45 Pastel Green
46 Pastel Blue
47 Pastel Purple (also pinkish)
48 Glow In The Dark
49 Skin Tone (blech, but yeah, ok, I know they want to)
50 Teal (I suppose, but I don't really care)
51 Light Metallic
52 Metallic
53 Dark Metallic
54 Chrome Silver
55 Chrome Gold

The following is just my personal opinion, but why wouldn't the following
color list satisfy both boys and girls?

I'd guess that they wanted more pastels and light colors, as well as (probably)
some more things we couldn't care less about like odd flesh tones, burnt orange,
blueish-purple, the reddish-violet, etc, etc. Dunno about colors with glitter in
them, either...

Makes me wish I could see the full 100+ palette in person to see what looks
completely redundant.

DaveE