 Color / 734
Re: Who Lied? (was: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:35:00 GMT

I think this is a new initiative to further cut costs. Its funny one part of Lego decides it needs to control the pallette and amount of “usuable parts” in the system, while another part keeps on coming out with new colors and new parts (molds) for its products.

Its like Lego is its own worst enemy. Critics of Lego, especially financial ones have said Lego is losing only because it fails to not have a significant portion of its manufacturing operation in “cheaper” labor areas like China.

However, I would take it as a point of pride that Lego has (ethically) taken steps to avoid (at least up until recently) setting up operations there (in “cheaper” labour areas. It may need to expand more of its operation there to remain a viable (profitable) company.

Ben