 Color / 749
Re: Halving the colours in the palette - Lego Life Sept 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:29:13 GMT

106 colors before the reduction?  56 colors after?

I'm baffled.  Clearly, I haven't seen most of these colors.  I can't see how it
would be necessary to carry even 56 colors.

The following is just my personal opinion, but why wouldn't the following color
list satisfy both boys and girls?

Solids (23)
-----------
red, dark red, sand red
orange
yellow, chartreuse/pastel yellow
green, light green, sand green
blue, dark blue, sand blue
violet, mauve/lavender
black
white
light gray, dark gray, very light (mosaic) gray
brown, tan
pink
teal

Metallics (3)
-------------
gold
silver/chrome
bronze

Transparents (9)
----------------
clear
trans-gray/smoke
trans-red
trans-yellow -- O.K., and trans-antifreeze
trans-orange
trans-green
trans-dark blue, trans-light blue

I have 35 colors on my list, some of which I've included just because they have
been produced in abundance.  I could certainly live without several of these
colors.  How could there possibly be 22 MORE colors?  I could see adding a
second shade of pink and a creamsicle/pastel orange.  That's only two more...