 General / 47546
Re: Announcing new Legend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 01:24:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message
news:409C2822.F2FCB994@vfaq.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

But telling Consumer Affairs is telling it to a black hole.  It does • nothing.
However, as Jake has noted, TLG employees read Lugnet.  So stating it here
again....and again...and again {might} finally make it sink in as to how • important
it is to many people.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I disagree.  There comes a point when saying the same thing over and over
again loses its effect. People eventually tune you out and you simply become
noise.

I fear that is exactly what will happen with TLC if the constant whining
about the color change continues..  If it continues I fear that someone with
authority within TLC will eventually say "Screw it.  It isn't worth the
hastle to serve the adult market segment."  That would be unfortunate were
it to happen.

Instead of working with LEGO to identify a few parts which should remain in
the old colors and offer viable suggestions about how to proliferate the new
colors, many people continue to flog a dead horse and I don't quite
understand why.

I don't like or agree with the decision either but it is TLC's decision and
they will ultimately have to deal with the ramifications of it.  So as
opposed to whining about it, I view this as an opportunity to lobby for a
tub of dark colored bricks in a wide choice of elements.  It's unlikely we'd
see anything like that out of TLC in the normal course of their product
development.  But if they can be convinced that proliferating their new
choice of colors quickly is a good thing, maybe we'll see it.

If all the community does is tell LEGO how stupid they are eventually they
will ignore our market segment and we'll suffer a 10 year setback.  That
would be unfortunate.

So think before you post.  The signal to noise ratio on LUGNET is way over
on the noise side right now.

My $0.02, YMMV.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com