 General / 47515
47514  |  47516
Subject:
We Build For Fun, Right? (was Re: Announcing new legend!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 21:51:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote:
And I'll only get less enjoyment out of my hobby if I stay bitter
forever.

DaveE

It was that last sentence that really got me thinking.  Some posts I've seen put
up about going into a "quasi-dark-age" have just left me uneasy.  There is
nothing wrong voicing displeasure with what LEGO has done but to take as far as
"That's it! I'm outta here!" (not those exact words, but...) just bugs the
*bleep* out of me.

I've had to remind myself of something I learned long, long ago- make the best
of what you've got.  Maybe as adult enthusiasts we've become so spoiled that
we've forgotten of the collections each of us had when we were kids (20 yrs ago
I "just" cracked the 10K mark), when we had to make due with what we had.  I can
only speak for my own childhood experiences and can say, without any doubt, I
had fun with what I had to work with.

To read of an AFOL leave because of money, family, health, etc. is one thing but
to leave because of a company's dumb decision is another.

Adr.

BTW, the re-release does sound VERY cool and I will have fun building.