 General / 47524
Re: Announcing new Legend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 23:49:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I don't see this as ruining anything.  I have read some very interesting
posts with the direction this thread has gone.  Some things have even given
me perspective I had not previously considered.  Why should you care, just
don't read it!  There are plenty of posts I don't read, why would this be
difficult for you?

Yes you are correct that some of what I have said here has been posted
before.  However it has also been posted that an official Lego announcement
is the PERFECT place to keep this issue alive.  I can appreciate your desire
for the color issue to go away, however I think you should respect the fact
that some are not as easily swayed as others.

As far as leaving, keep dreaming.  Just because I am no longer a Lego
customer, on a retail level, doesn't mean I am giving up on my enjoyment of
what I have or the hobby in general.  I will enjoy my collection for many
years to come.  I will also continue to take each and every opportunity I
can to tell Lego what I think.

How about, instead of quoting the ToS and such, you just offer something
insightful and let this thread take whatever course happens along?

Greg

"Nick Kappatos" <nkappatos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Gregory Muri wrote:

snipped for redundancy's sake

Bley is BAD, gray is good!  Change it back!

Greg

From Lugnet Terms of Use Agreement:
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/agreement

10. (do not) Post or re-post a message excessively

12. (do not) Stray hopelessly off-topic without moving the discussion to a • more
appropriate location. (There is a fair amount of leeway here, since it is
natural for discussions to drift, and moving a discussion can sometimes be
inconvenient or difficult. If in doubt, appeal to common sense.)

Everything you've had to say, you've posted multiple times.  You're not • buying
any Lego with the new grey.  You're not buying any more Lego, period.  Now
you've successfully hijacked this thread.  If your choice of protest is • economic
withdrawl, more power to you.  If you choose to augment that by ruining • all
threads, you're screwing your peers out of the joy they get from seeing • new
releases.

I *was* against the color change, and I considered reducing my spending. • I even
posted my feelings on the color changes.  Once.  And, in an appropriate • thread.
But all the whining & crying has brought me around.  It just doesn't • matter that
much.

You said "Goodbye, Lego" in your response to Jake's original announcement • about
the color change being final.  Do us all a favor and say "Goodbye, Lugnet" • too,
if you want ruin every thread.

-Nick