 General / 47453
Re: Announcing new Blegend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 15:10:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

There is no such thing as a Legend, can't be a Legend if the colors are not
the same as the original.  Making minor changes, due to part availability,
is one thing but changing the color of the parts is something completely
different.  I shudder to think how bad a classic space Blegend will look
with all those bley parts.

This stinks, finally Model Team makes a return and these amazing sets will
be destroyed by bad colors.  I have to admit it is very interesting to me
that the 5541 is one of the sets I have wanted most and I won't think twice
about passing on this one.

Bley is BAD, gray is good!  Change it back!

Greg

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
Taking a break from reading the 250+ color change posts, I just got the • green
light to announce a new Legend!

And it's ....drum roll please....

5541 - <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5541 Model Team Hot Rod>!

{The Hot Rod first raced into the hands of LEGO collectors in 1995, and • now it's
back for a new generation of fans! As many of you know the Hot Rod was a • Model
Team set back in the mid 90s known as item • #<http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5541
5541>. The new Hot Rod is nearly a 1:1 copy of the old Model Team set. The • cool
roadster with its clean lines and classic also include stickers, chrome • elements
and detailed car accessories. Steering wheel turns the wheels and the boot
really opens. Plus rebuild the Hot Rod into a sleek road racer for more • building
fun.  Ages 9+.  421 pieces.  #10151  Hot Rod  £26.99  / $39.99}

The set will be up for pre-order on Monday, with a release date of a • couple
weeks later. (We're working hard to get it live ASAP)

OK, back to reading.

Jake

---¬
Jake McKee¬