 LEGO Company / 1698
Re: Announcing new Legend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 13:34:17 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:

   I’m not sure how anything can be off-topic for .general, considering things like “rumors, musings, weird dreams” are on-topic.

General is two things, in my view... (1)
  1. a place for initial announcements of general interest (which should have FUT set elsewhere, the same way .announce posts do)
  2. and a place to discuss things that don’t have anywhere else to go.
If a different group has a topic explicitly *in* its charter, then it’s off topic for .general, in my view.

if you want to pursue this further, please note the FUT

1 - my view, and in current practice for the most part, but not necessarily per the header of .general, or per the ToS... those could stand updating to reflect current practice, I think.