 General / 47495
Re: Announcing new Blegend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 18:57:20 GMT

Your comment strongly disagrees with LEGO's marketing department.

I don't believe that Lego marketing could convince people to buy rain coats
while it was raining.  If they could then the company would not be in the
poor financial situation they are in today.

The grey issue is a minor change due to part availability.

Changing a color that has been used in your product for over 30 years is
most certainly NOT minor.

It would look fine. Of the changed colors, classic space only uses light • grey
and light grey was barely changed.

If you think that the new light grey has barely changed then I can only
assume that you haven't even seen it in person.  If you have then I could
only expect you have a problem with your eyes and need to get them checked.
Place some old and new light grey parts side by side and take a good look at
them.  They are very different and the new color makes the old color look
terrible.

By the way, you might want to get your keyboard checked out.

My keyboard is working perfectly.  Blegends that contain bley parts and not
Legends at all!

And it was destroyed? You know this because you have seen a new picture of • it
and you were actually able to notice a difference that was so great it • destroyed
the car? I'm amazed!

The colors look terrible with all the existing Lego colors I have compared
them to (which is all of them).  This model would be no exception.

Anyway, thanks Jake! I'll probably pick one up. You should shorten the
production run by one, because this guy doesn't want any.

You are absolutely right, I will not buy any of these.  For that matter I
will not buy any Lego sets that contain the new colors.