 General / 29902
Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 21:32:16 GMT

I got very annoyed, and they've KNOWN about it since opening day.  We
corraled both a Model Builder and a senior person from TLG that was there
and complained that the models on display were torturing us, because we
COULD NOT get many of the parts in the colors used.  The senior official
insisted that we could, but we MAY have pounded it into his brain that we
couldn't.  The Model Builder insisted we could too, until we finally got him
to admit we couldn't get the pieces in THAT COLOR, not just the pieces in
any color.

In fact, the Model Shop there has colorcoded dots on the bins that tells
them if the part is still commonly available in that color, still available
at all, or ever produced in that color.

Oh, the sheer TORTURE of walking through the bin aisles there!

Gary Istok wrote:

I mentioned this in another post this week, but I think that I cannot go
to a Legoland until TLC/LD starts selling bulk parts in off colors
(light blue, etc).  It has been mentioned many times that some folks
have gone to a Legoland park and seen all these neat buildings made of
parts that we can not obtain in colors that are very limited, as far as
public availability goes.

Annoyance and anger have been some of the emotions that others have
described as feeling when going there.

Me?  I would probably be incoherent with rage, and they would have to
drag me off frothing at the mouth uttering something about why TLC is
torturing us in this way.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep
looking at the Legoland pictures in the Ultimate Lego Book, and keep my
bloodpressure in check.

I wonder if many folks who HAVE visited Legoland get annoyed with this.

Knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

Gary Istok

--
| Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support     Netscape
Communications Corp
| iPlanet Support - http://www.iplanet.com/support/    A division of AOL
Time Warner