 General / 30223
Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 18:06:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:

Actually, the point is that there are no parts made specifically for models
built in LEGOLAND (any location). All parts have been avaliable to the
consumer at one point in time. There aren't any color/part combos that were
never sold.

I am with Todd and others on this point.

I would dispute that claim. I have seen a number of parts in "Maersk(r)
light blue" that I am pretty certain have never been sourced into a set or
publicly available in bulk. I would challenge you or anyone to provide a set
or combination of sets available in 1999 that had, for instance, tiles in
1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x2 round, 1x4, 1x6 and 1x8, all of which I (and others) have
seen in Legoland models in that very color, in 1999. MLB is a very rare color.

, and no custom parts were molded in order to make a specific
model. Sure some of the parts used are no longer avaliable on the shelves,
but nobody ever said that LEGOLAND models were built only using parts from
the 2001 product line.

I think you'd be farther ahead to just claim that every part type has been
available, and every color has been available, while expressly disclaiming
the claim that every part/color combo has been. Just my opinion, of course,
but it is a statement most of us would readily accept, I would expect.

I realise that since you didn't sign this officially, you're just providing
your opinion, which is a good thing. I'd advise that you not let TLC make
the claim you personally are making if you can avoid it, as it is incorrect
and likely to cause a ruckus, as it is now.

++Lar