 General / 29949
Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:43:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

What I mean by duplicating comes from a feeling of awe having seen large
train setups from NELUG and other groups.  Certainly today in 2001 the
community is light years ahead of where it was 5-10 years ago in building
large setups -- and the larger and cooler they get, the more it
diminishes LEGOLAND (not that there's anything wrong with that).  TLC may
still actually believe it's in its best interest not to sell bulk parts in
cool colors or bulk parts at truly good prices because of keeping the
experience at LEGOLAND and other places more unique.

Miniland is only a small part of the LEGOLAND experience.  I doubt
we'll have roller coasters and Castle Burgers in our backyards anytime
soon.  Castle Burgers... Yummm (I swear they taste just like a Whopper).

The biggest "problem" they will have from AFOL train layouts is the
kids that want to buy sets like the stuf we have on display.  Everyone
knows you can't buy a 20 foot Empire State Building, but kids always ask
where they can buy our train cars and smaller buildings.  We kindly point
out the token 4561 and 4556 and use words like "imagination".

KL