 General / 30207
Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 14:35:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

What would be sort of neat is for the model shops to sell some of the
unusual bricks after they have finished the planned models which use
those colors, though I'm sure that some models are planned based on what
they have in stock, not on what they can order. On the other hand, maybe
that would be a bad plan (it could create a lot of bad will as someone
with an angle to get by the model shop on a regular basis could make a
killing getting the vast majority of the leavings and then putting them
up on eBay [and note that there is a difference between my accepting
this type of activity as OK and my accepting that it will piss off a
large number of folks, and even will upset me]).

LEGO oughtta auction those pieces themselves on eBay!  (only half kidding :)

  Similarly, why wouldn't TLC offer these pieces for sale via S@H?  They
could set the price as high as they wanted, and they wouldn't be competing
with themselves if the pieces have never been released before or currently.

     Dave!