 General / 30242
Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 19:06:39 GMT

Now wait a minute.  Why would they *mold* the color number?
Is a given mold only used for a single color?
I think it makes more sense to use a mold for whatever
color you need, instead of having to make a new mold for every color.

/Eric McC/

LEGO Foreman: Hey! We need the 2x8 brick mold on the number 17 machine today!
LEGO Worker: Sorry boss. We sent that mold to Billund yesterday. You can
only make 1x2 plates in white today.
LEGO Foreman: OK. What was our total output for the Enfield works yesterday?
LEGO Worker: Well, we made 3 blue 2x8 bricks on machine 6, moved the mold to
machine 12 and made 8 yellow 2x8's, then moved the mold to machine 19 and
made 6 white 2x8's. So total output for the entire plant was 17 2x8's in 3
colors, each worth about $.20. We paid our 300 plant employees $15 an hour
for 8 hours, and had 27 machines down with no molds to make parts with.
LEGO Foreman: (Looks to the heavens) WHY DIDN'T WE HAVE THE FORESIGHT TO
MAKE MORE MOLDS?!?!?

:-)

Matt