 General / 29919
Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 07:50:40 GMT

Colors and shapes available are different everytime I go (once a month) and
the master builder shop at the center of the park seems to run on it's own
schedual.  I've seen tons of them orange and light blue available.  I think
it may hve to do with what they need/don't need for master builder projects
at the park and the need to clear out the store house for new stuff.  But I
R guessing...
Best,
-Aaron-

In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss writes:
In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:
I mentioned this in another post this week, but I think that I cannot go
to a Legoland until TLC/LD starts selling bulk parts in off colors
(light blue, etc).  It has been mentioned many times that some folks
have gone to a Legoland park and seen all these neat buildings made of
parts that we can not obtain in colors that are very limited, as far as
public availability goes.

<snip>
YES!!!!!!!! I was at LL last week and I went to the model shop, I got some
new girl who I guess messed up and was selling colors she should not have
been selling - but I had no idea of this at the time, I thought they were
now selling these wonderful colors. Due to a total brain fart, I forgot all
the rare colors and only could think of pink, and with my bank account very
low, I was only able to get 1/4th lb of pink. I went back a few days later
(after payday) only to be shot down like a dog! I was *really* upset, for a
few reasons (see my "reversal of fourtune" thread in Legoland.ca). But
either somebody was there the same day as I was - or has some serious
hook-ups in legoland, look at this:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=sscajun41+&include=0&since=30&sort=2&rows=75
(make sure you get the link all the way to the s=75 at the end)
this guy has been selling some ***very*** rare bricks, for those of you are
too lazy to click that thread, let me give you the highlights:
21 silver bricks
31 2x4 purple bricks
over 50 magenta bricks (various sizes)
over 50 different teal parts
over 150 various pink parts
over *200* *sky blue* plates
over 100 orange bricks/plates

Now this may not seem that out of place to some of you - but let me point
this out, lets take his orange lego lot, he has 2x10 bricks in it, so what
you ask? well, the 2x10 brick was never in any set! By looking at his email
Cangelzero@XXXX.com I see this: CA-Angel-Zero, I am assuming he lives in
southern Cali (the California angels play in Anhiem - not to far north of
LL). So either this guy got lucky like I did, or has a hook-up in legoland.
How else would he get all these bricks/plates in perfect condition?? Did
they even put magenta and sky blue parts in any sets??  Makes you think........

Me?  I would probably be incoherent with rage, and they would have to
drag me off frothing at the mouth uttering something about why TLC is
torturing us in this way.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep
looking at the Legoland pictures in the Ultimate Lego Book, and keep my
bloodpressure in check.

And what about the models they use with hundreds and hundreds of the
macaroni bricks? And about the clear bricks and windows, I would like to see
anyboy with even 1/1000th of a percentage of those parts that they use in LL!!!

I wonder if many folks who HAVE visited Legoland get annoyed with this.

lol, I was mad the day they told me I could not get any non-basic parts or
colors, I think the fact I had my 6-month old daughter with me was the only
thing that kept me from going over the edge.

Knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

Gary Istok

I hope Lego gets this fact in their head!
Mark P.
mfuss903@aol.com