 General / 29893
Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:09:30 GMT

Wow!  Gary "Annoyed", "Incoherent with rage", or "frothing at the mouth", what
has the world come to!  Gary is the communities pillar of strength
and sensibility, not to mention being well grownded.

Actually I am glad to see this, it makes me feel better for having the same
feelings.  If Gary can get Annoyed then anyone can.

I think this is where TLC is missing the boat somewhat, but thats my oppinion.
Maybe TLC doesn't think the odd colors (I really want Purple) won't sell well.
I say how do you know until you try.  If TLC were to offer 10 "rare" colors,
and say only half were popular,  I would bet that TLC would still make a good
chunk of money and they can always discontinue the unpopular colors.  Again I
think that the knowledge gained in such a process would be money well spent
because you would get 5 or more colors that would be great sellers IMHO.

Of course I never hold my breath anymore so this is just a dream.
Unfortunately I don't think we will ever even reach a point were we get 25% of
the parts we would like from LD.  So my guess is that Light Blue and Purple
bricks will remain impossible to get in quantity (unless of course you are
TLC).

Eric Kingsley

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:
I mentioned this in another post this week, but I think that I cannot go
to a Legoland until TLC/LD starts selling bulk parts in off colors
(light blue, etc).  It has been mentioned many times that some folks
have gone to a Legoland park and seen all these neat buildings made of
parts that we can not obtain in colors that are very limited, as far as
public availability goes.

Annoyance and anger have been some of the emotions that others have
described as feeling when going there.

Me?  I would probably be incoherent with rage, and they would have to
drag me off frothing at the mouth uttering something about why TLC is
torturing us in this way.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep
looking at the Legoland pictures in the Ultimate Lego Book, and keep my
bloodpressure in check.

I wonder if many folks who HAVE visited Legoland get annoyed with this.

Knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

Gary Istok