 General / 29892
Re: Lugnet nominated for a webby award!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:07:28 GMT

"Jennifer L. Boger" wrote:

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.general, Scott Sanburn writes:
http://www.webbyawards.com

Well, I am glad LUGNET is there, but under the kid's
section? And with things like Teenwire, the propoganda
(SP?)site from Planned Parenthood? Do we need these kinds of
awards with other nominees like that? I think LUGNET is far
beyond those other sites.

Yeah, obviously it was nominated by people who aren't quite in tune, since
the average LUGNET *member* at least (I dunno about poster) is around 30
years old... Either that or they're all old enough to call us kids still :)

Oh well... I suppose it's an honor... It's the thought that counts, right? :)

30? really?  wow... hmmm...

i don't care if it's under kids or not, at heart, i'm really 8. :)

I still even make multicolored boxes like when i was 8 and my whole
collection fit into a coffee can.

A friend of mine had an interesting take on the 'kids' thing. He
suggested that, as LEGO appeals to kids, LUGNET also may appeal to kids,
even though kids themselves cannot do what we do. i.e. kids like
cartoons but can not make them.

-Suz