 General / 29901
Re: Lugnet nominated for a webby award!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 21:29:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lill writes:
Just read this: Lugnet is one of six nominees for a webby award in the kids
category. While I think that might be pigeon-holing the site, it is an
honor. You can go to the site and vote yourself to elct people's choice winners.

http://www.webbyawards.com

First, I am very happy that LUGNET and the concept of adult LEGO play is
wonderful.

That being said, this is another example for me personally that the Webby
team doesn't do their research. Since the very first Webby Awards, they have
had problems (IMHO) choosing valid nominations. They often choose
inappropriate nominees for the section they put them in (as in this case) or
they select a site based soley on the buzz and not a solid foundation in
both creative and customer service/business (as in the case of their
selection of PayPal...despite all its problems at this point)

But hey, who cares...GO LUGNET!

Jake
---

AFOL