 General / 30243
Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 19:15:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

Kevin Loch wrote:

P.S. the two digit _number_ on some elements is the "color" id.

So how do they handle 141 colors with 2 digits?  Hex? Octal?  ;-)

Now wait a minute.  Why would they *mold* the color number?
Is a given mold only used for a single color?
I think it makes more sense to use a mold for whatever
color you need, instead of having to make a new mold for every color.

I thought that's what they did too. I don't know for sure. I do know *this*,
though. It is possible to have a mold that has inserts to allow different
numbers to be molded into the parts, you select the right insert at the time
you deploy the mold to the injector machine... raises the cost of the mold,
though.

++Lar