 General / 15263
Re: Is it possible to have too much LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:35:38 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

"Richard Franks" <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> writes:

I'm aware that the question itself is almost sacreligious, but it
is a (semi) serious one, going with the assumption that the
LEGO-habit isn't causing financial problems.

I think that if yuo have way too many LEGO bricks, you may actually
limit your creativity.  Creativity typically arises when you have
limitations of some sort, in my opinion.  Byt this is probably a
controversial theme!

I agree!  Sometimes when I'm building I don't know where to start!  And my
collection is honestly puny compared to so many of the people here on LUGNET.
(I use this fact to keep the NLSO appeased, or at least mollified.)  Some of
the most fun I have is when I take my bin of unsorted bricks and just start
building with it.  (That's how the wavechopper came about - pics on my site,
URL below)

I think that this was the theory behind the Construction Site's 'single color
building experiment' as well.  I'm not sure if they still have the pics up on
their site or not...

On the other hand, big collections are good sometimes when you know that
there's the perfect part for what you want to do, if you can only find it
in the mess that is your LEGO room.

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m