 General / 15424
Re: Is it possible to have too much LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:17:44 GMT

Interesting subthread. I guess I'm from the "build it per directions"
school. I tend to build stuff to learn what there is to learn, then I go
off and build my own stuff from scratch. Only very rarely do I modify
TLC sets into something improved... in fact the only time I can think of
doing it was to an Imagination Celebration truck to make it compatible
with 4549 style trailer hitches.

this page shows it:
http://my.voyager.net/lar/containers.html
particularly this image:
http://my.voyager.net/lar/yl_volvo_tail.jpg

Now, that's not to say that I don't use ideas I learn in my creations,
it's just not as direct a process as Markus and Duane do.

Nothing wrong with that, just different. Geek code entry, perhaps? (but
how to codify it, that's the question)

Note that I don't consider giving a loco 2 motors instead of 1 as a
"mod", that's just a standard thing to do.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!