 General / 15374
Re: Is it possible to have too much LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:16:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Markus Wolf writes:
Here's what I do, not as a law, but as a rule of thumb.

  I decide what it is I really want before hand.  I avoid impulsive shopping
unless I see a clearance that's really cool.  My next lego set is the River
Expedition from the Adventure series.  I know this sounds silly, but I've gone
to all the stores looking at the prices while I peruse the other stuff.  I
monitor ebay and find out all I can about it on Lugnet.  Frankly, I've used
all kinds of time and gas money just looking around, but that's part of the
joy for me.
  I know why I want that one.  It comes with a boat that could be later
turned into a pirate ship.  I've never had a big ole ship.  I have a crow's
nest and some masts and flags from times past, but I'd like to make my own
pirate ship.  It also comes with a native that can join my King Kahuka figure
as an Islander.  I've renamed King Kahuka to King Watakuku.  The new islander
will be renamed Locohaha, a sort of witchdoctor.  I already have Gail Storm
who's become Bridget Bartholomew the missionary. Watakuku is my only islander
and I'd like to have a good islander tribe for when I create Lava Lagoon, a
story I've created for "my kids."
  I've made a decision not to buy the set until March unless I find a really
really really good deal.  Waiting is good for the soul.  My pastor told me
once that the danger in a marriage starts when you take each other for
granted.  I think that works in alot of things.  Remember how you looked so
forward to Christmas, and how much fun it is to open that gift you always
wanted.  I'm creating a Christmas moment for me.
  I know certain people couldn't handle this, but I'm a hopeless romantic.
I'm waiting for the girl I'm going to marry for my first kiss.  That kind of
stuff.  Have a great day!

Agreed again, on all points.