 General / 15375
Re: Staircases!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:30:46 GMT

Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
news:38B37C9C.BC0F4110@pilot.msu.edu...

Hi, all-

I seem to have "discovered" a piece from my Dark Ages--one that appeared
after I submerged and vanished before I surfaced.  I knew a variant of
it existed in many Belville and Paradisa sets, and appeared in at least
one System set (6497 Twisted Time Train), but until yesterday I didn't
have the slightest inkling that a much more useful variant existed as
well.

I'm talking, of course, about the walled staircase (part number
unknown?).  Everyone seems to hate these, and I think they're
great--they make very good warship exterior gangways, and it seems they
existed in colours other than black, and in both straight and curved
versions.  (See, for example, set 6270 for the "straight non-black"
variety.)

So here are my questions:

1) How many physical variants of the staircase existed?  Were there more
than two--the curved and the sorta-7-high straight?

2) How many chromatic variants of the staircase existed?  Again, are
black and dkgrey the only two kinds?

3) Related to question one, is there a staircase that curves up to the
left, much as 6497's curves up and to the *right*?

4) Where did these first appear, and is there any set that has these in
quantity (any style or colour)?  What sets did they appear in?

Any wisdom is greatly appreciated, and will be reciprocated (if you
happen to need any, that is).  If not, I have some Valentine marshmallow
peeps I can share instead.  In fact, eating peeps is probably the
antithesis of wisdom, so I'm not sure I can offer both together anyways.

best,

Lindsay

Very interesting  questions...

    Fabuland has 2 different styles of staircases that I know of.   A
straight 5 step with an open rail on the right side and nothing on the left
side.( no studs on steps)    Fabuland also has a spiral staircase.  As I
have only seen pictures of the spiral, I have no first hand details.  I don'
even know the number of steps.

   The straight came in red (ex.Town Hall #140)  & yellow (ex.Hospital#137).
The spiral came in yellow (ex. Double Decker bus #3662) & probably red too,
but I can't find  an example right now.

sheree