 Gaming / 1370
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:31:52 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
I'd love to have an tiered-campaign in which a game of Pirate wars (either?)
set the stage for a BrikWar and then the survivors (or something) had a pirate
game getting "the treasure" back home.  Or a BrikWar in which a band of thugs
(or army) capture a port and take the sailing ships as prizes and set out onto
the seas to play a Pirate game and then assault another port with BrikWars
rules.  Or something.  Any interest?

I've often thought that something like this would be cool, but I can't
figure out a way to make it work unless you can rely on all the players
being already familiar with both games.  If you have to stop the action in
the middle of a battle to spend an hour explaining a new ruleset, it pretty
much kills the fun.  And players who are new to both games will tend to mix
up the different rulesets, which leads to endless frustration.

This is really important.  Can we form an ad hoc (or more permanent) national
LEGO gaming club (with nifty name, and all) so that we have an apparent
position of strength with something to offer?

That sounds like a great idea, I for one would love to see some kind of
'GamingLUG' start up.  Especially if there were an associated set of
newsgroups on which players could organize local meetings and discuss the
qualities and development of various Lego games.