 Gaming / 1345
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:42:24 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, James Seibert writes:
Hey Christopher,

Do you have any Gencon info on Lego events? Should we apply as judges
separately or as a group? I am driving to Indy so I should be able to bring
whatever supplies and spare parts we need.

Nothing very juicy.  Without more serious interest, we're not going to get
special space.  I was encouraged by their directed of events to just register
our events and then play them.  Even so, at least that would get them in the
catalog.  I wonder if it would be worth picking a good picture or two from
last year and forwarding them with the application.  It also looks like
running sixteen hours is needed for free entry.  Are you interested in seeing
if we can run a couple of eight hour games as co-GMs?  We could run the
defending forces (or whatever) and help people with the rules while what, up
to ten players did their thing?  More players with smaller units (maybe like
a fifty-point "squad" that we build ahead of time for them) would make the
game go faster and be easier for inexperienced players while still providing
experienced players with loads of opportunity.

I have confirmed, I will be at Gen Con.  I can dedicate an 8-hour block for
something (though I'm not experienced at Brikwars), but don't know if I can
dedicate more; it depends on how many demos I'm needed for at Ad Astra.

Now we only need an experienced GM for Evil Stevie's and we'd be set...

What about Evil Stevie?  Has anyone talked to him to get The Pirate Game
registered as a "Lego Gaming" event instead of a Steve Jackson Games event?

James