 Gaming / 1361
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:33:08 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.fun.gaming, James Seibert writes:

Also, if we ask players to bring
their own boats and check for updates here we will have no shortage of
interest.

I would suggest that we develop a web page with our updates so that people can
stay up to date on us.  And if all the events listed the same URL, we'd have
cross-over enthusiasm.  But do we really want multiple boat owners?  How are we
all going to tranport fleets and islands and props and everything.  I'm driving
this year, so I'll have some room, but not as much as when I come to BrikFest
since I'll have the family.

I think we will need multiple boat owners, but I think it would be best
to limit it to boats supplied by the organizers so we can keep track
easily.

I'd love to have an tiered-campaign in which a game of Pirate wars (either?)
set the stage for a BrikWar and then the survivors (or something) had a pirate
game getting "the treasure" back home.  Or a BrikWar in which a band of thugs
(or army) capture a port and take the sailing ships as prizes and set out onto
the seas to play a Pirate game and then assault another port with BrikWars
rules.  Or something.  Any interest?

Hmm, I'm not sure how well that would work. Such a thing might be best
handled by using the Pirate Game (or Pirate Wars) to supply the ship
movement rules for BrickWars (and use BrickWars for the attacks and
damage).

I would love to play the campaign game or at least assist in it to learn the
system firsthand, hopefully enough to give you a break..

I'm sure this can be arranged.

One idea along the lines of total 4 day track of Lego activities involves
managing the timeline for indidvidual events to run successively one after
the other. Hopefully, we would be able to keep all the events in one area,
put up banners, info table, clandestine refreshment containers, etc..

This is really important.  Can we form an ad hoc (or more permanent) national
LEGO gaming club (with nifty name, and all) so that we have an apparent
position of strength with something to offer?

Hmm, that would be a good idea.

Frank