 Gaming / 1353
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:24:38 GMT

James Brown wrote:
Chris Weeks - ?? hours, Brik Wars
James Seibert - 16+ hours, Brik Wars, Pirate Wars
Frank Filz - ?? hours, Pirate Game

16+ hours

James Brown - 8 hours, Lego Wars: TSV & FBA (For Big Armies, coming soon)

Possible others (not yet contacted, no idea of availability):
Steve Jackson - Pirate Game
Stephen Gabriel - Pirate Wars

Does someone know Steve Jackson well enough to ask him?  I'm willing to fire
him an e-mail, but he doesn't know me from Adam.  My experience with
well-known folks is that if they don't know you from Adam, you get filed
with all the other nutbars they get e-mail from. :)

I could fire Steve Jackson an e-mail. He expects to get paid to run the
Pirate Game though. I'm not sure how that would run with GenCon. There's
also the fact that presumably he's pretty tied up with SJG business at
GenCon. Perhaps it would be nicer to just let him know we're running the
game, and if he's got some free time, gosh, he could actually get a
chance to play instead of GM...

Another thing we might want to do is contact LD, and see if they will donate
some prizes or (IMHO, a better plan) sacrifice some K8's to the cause and
have an open play area.  Nothing like a big tub o' parts if we want crowd
appeal.  Or heck, both. :)  One thing an open play area would let us do is
add a "Junk Yard Wars"-style event to the track, which would add to the
'walk-in and stay' power.

A K-8 would be nifty.

Frank