 Gaming / 1327
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:46:41 GMT

I'll  be there and better organized.

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
news:H9n3Jx.2nw@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

I'm wondering who's planning to go to Gen Con this summer in Indy and • who's up
for some LEGO gaming?

More than that, I think it would be nifty to get an entire track of LEGO • games
going so that they could justify giving us a designated space.  BrickWars • of
all tech levels, Pirate Games, etc. -- anything would be cool!

I don't know if we can do a whole program track of games. We would need
help. Maybe block out a whole day. The pirate game would a room of its own.
Hopefully with the convention move there will be space to spare. If we could
swing more people into the mix,  now that would be alright.

I expect there are some few LUGnuts planning to go to Gen Con just anyway, • and
then some number of people who would make plans to go if a LEGO track were
installed.  I'd like to hear from either group.

Wasn't Jason Spears there last year? There are alot of people that lurk in
this forum who play Lego based games. When I run Pirate Wars I can always
fill the table with eight to twelve players and more often than not they
know of Lugnet and some are avid lurkers who know more than I expect. Mike
Rayhawk's site usually is mentioned along with the past pirate wars games
run at GenCon by Stephen Gabriel

I'm in contact with their program management about a LEGO track, but I • expect
they're going to want some assurance that we can committ to a significant • draw.
Can we?

If we print up flyers and provide links on the net we could attract players
but the flip side is we would be covered up with  those players but few
GM's. I could commit significant time to several events but the whole
convention would be too much. Also Gen Con is a stingy on free judge badges
for extra GM assistants. I am not sure what the player to GM ratio would
need to be to qualify for free GM badges. .If you can find out from GenCon
mgt. that we would receive free judge passes for the whole con you can count
me in for four rounds.

Chris