 Gaming / 1352
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:05:08 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3E5A5A10.A3E720B8@mindspring.com...
James Seibert wrote:

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
news:HALvto.7nz@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.fun.gaming, James Seibert writes:
Hey Christopher,

(snip)

Hmm, I guess we need to sell it as a "brick gaming track." Which we
would probably have to do for trademark reasons anyway. I doubt TLC will
"sponsor" the event, though we might be able to get some prizes out of
them.

Now we only need an experienced GM for Evil Stevie's and we'd be • set...

It would never hurt to ask him. I am going to contact Stephen Gabriel to • see
if he would run Pirate Wars and/or offer advice and contact info to hold • an
event at Gencon. He currently does a lot of work for Virtual Seattle, • the
Living Shadowrun arm of the RPGA..

I'm becoming sufficiently confident of my ability to make it to GenCon
that I'd be happy to commit to running Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. One
question I would have though is what the feeling would be about having
both Pirate Wars and the Pirate Game?

Evil Stevie's game would take much longer than the normal four hour time
slot for an event. Usually the grognards will play the strategy and
miniatures games requiring longer time frames. That is not a bad thing on
several counts since Evil Stevie's game is more campaign based than Pirate
Wars and longer game times usually attract mature serious players. and the
game would run smoother..

Pirate Wars can be quicker, run in under four hours with 8 players. I have
GM'ed the game enough to adjust the game on the fly to match the maturity
and experience of the players. One suggestion is to list events as novice/
demo type games, then list games for experienced players we just instructed
and previous veterans.

Would that be confusing to people?

Maybe, I don't know. I do know this, whatever game we run, whenever we run
it, we will not be at a loss for players. Also, if we ask players to bring
their own boats and check for updates here we will have no shortage of
interest.  Frank, if you run a game, I would really like a chance to play
but how pressed for time will you be and do you have other games and
interests you want to look into while you are there? I have other games I
would like to play and hit the dealers room. I found Ninja Princesses in
there last year and yes I bought them all. Bwah ah ha ha ha ha......

With both, I think it would definitely make sense to do the campaign
game for the Pirate Game.

Eight hours per game? Longer? Alternate GM's in different slots?

My guess is that we wouldn't want the two to run concurrently, so I'd be
happy to help with Pirate Wars.

I would love to play the campaign game or at least assist in it to learn the
system firsthand, hopefully enough to give you a break..

One idea along the lines of total 4 day track of Lego activities involves
managing the timeline for indidvidual events to run successively one after
the other. Hopefully, we would be able to keep all the events in one area,
put up banners, info table, clandestine refreshment containers, etc..

Frank

James