 Gaming / 1328
Re: LEGO gaming at Gen Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 21:18:57 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi all,

I'm wondering who's planning to go to Gen Con this summer in Indy and who's up
for some LEGO gaming?

There's strong odds that I'll be at Gen Con this year, and the prospect of
LEGO gaming just increases that to nearly guaranteed.

More than that, I think it would be nifty to get an entire track of LEGO games
going so that they could justify giving us a designated space.  BrickWars of
all tech levels, Pirate Games, etc. -- anything would be cool!

I'd be up for whatever was happening, and could even do something with "Lego
Wars - the Simple Version"(1) if there was interest, though it seems most
folks round here prefer Brikwars.

I expect there are some few LUGnuts planning to go to Gen Con just anyway, and
then some number of people who would make plans to go if a LEGO track were
installed.  I'd like to hear from either group.

I'm in contact with their program management about a LEGO track, but I expect
they're going to want some assurance that we can committ to a significant
draw.
Can we?

I'll be there at least partly for the Lego, but can't commit the full 4
days; I'm also dedicating a goodly chunk of time to assisting wth Ad
Astra(2) demos.

thanks,

James

1:http://www.lugnet.com/fun/gaming/~11/legowars